Each year, the members of the ILLCF select deserving young people of good character and high academic achievement to receive a $2,000 Foundation scholarships to help them achieve their educational objectives. Scholarships are granted to undergraduate college students whose home residence is in Illinois.
The ILLCF is now accepting scholarship applications for the 2019-20 school year. Registration deadline is September 27, 2019. Please see below for application and guidelines:
● An applicant must be currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student during the fall term of 2019-20 at an accredited community college or four-year college or university;
● An applicant must be of Latino ancestry;
● The application form must be filled out completely and typed, including a personal statement describing how the scholarship award will help the recipient achieve his or her educational and career goals;
● A letter of recommendation written by the student’s primary academic advisor or major professor is required. The letter must be on official college letterhead, include a contact phone number, and be mailed separately to the address below;
● Scholarship money must be used in the same academic year as it is granted; and
● Previous winners of an ILLCF scholarship are not eligible to apply again.
The entire application (including the letter of recommendation mailed in separately) must be received, or postmarked, by September 27, 2019. Completed applications may be submitted online or you may mail typed applications to: Illinois Legislative Latino Caucus Foundation Scholarships, c/o Nicolas Guzman Drinker Biddle Reath LLP 191 North Wacker Drive, Suite 3700 Chicago, Illinois 60606-1615 IMPORTANT: DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL THE APPLICATION For further information about the ILLCF Scholarship Program, contact the office of Nicolas Guzman at Please allow 48 to 72 hours for response.